The Judicial Court of Honour is an autonomic authority of courts to hear judicial disciplinary cases and petitions of judges for defense of honor of the judge.
The Court of Honor shall be constituted from ten members for the period of commission of the Judicial Council. Two candidates to the members of the Court of Honor shall be appointed by the President of the Republic of Lithuania, two candidates – by the Speaker of the Seimas of the Republic of Lithuania, six candidates to this Court – by the Judicial Council. The President of the Republic of Lithuania and the Speaker of the Seimas of the Republic of Lithuania shall appoint the representatives of society to the members of the Court of Honor. The Judicial Council shall elect one member from each the Supreme Court of Lithuania, the Court of Appeal of Lithuania, and the Supreme Administrative Court of Lithuania, three members from the judges of all regional courts, regional administrative courts, and district courts to the Court of Honor by secret ballot as well as revoke the same in the manner prescribed by the Judicial Council.
A disciplinary action may be brought against a judge:
1) for an action demeaning the judicial office;
2) for violation of other requirements of the Code of Ethics of the Judges;
3) for non-compliance with the limitations on the work and political activities of judges provided by law.
After review of a disciplinary action the Judicial Court of Honour may, by its judgement:
1) dismiss a disciplinary action because of the absence of grounds for disciplinary liability;
2) dismiss a disciplinary action because of lapse of time;
3) limit itself to the review of a disciplinary action;
4) impose a disciplinary sanction.
The Judicial Court of Honour may impose one of the following disciplinary sanctions:
3) severe reprimand.
The Judicial Court of Honour may, by its judgement:
1) suggest the President of the Republic or the Seimas to dismiss the judge from office according to the procedure established by law;
2) suggest to the President of the Republic to apply to the Seimas to institute impeachment proceedings against the judge.